Thursday, January 19, 2023

On your own, honestly and truly



 "I think you two are very good for each other," Angel told her about them being a couple from her perspective. "You know, kind of like a campus couple."

"A campus couple?" Jody winced back as if that was funny to her.

"Oh, you know the type. They hold hands, and they love to study together. They don't need much, but everything is like a little adventure, you know. And of course, everyone envies you two."

"I don't think anyone would envy me," Jody told her as she took the bottle and sat down in the certain chair where the baby was either breastfed or given a bottle. "Well, I guess I thought that when I was with Andrew." She seemed a little sad about it. "It was like I could see everyone thinking, 'why is he with her?'"

Angel could tell it must have always been hard being Andrew's girlfriend. She knew his parents weren't that fond of her and she now knew Andrew didn't treat her like a bride-to-be.

"It's better now," Angel helped her with little  Freddie then. To make sure he was getting the bottle properly. "Just think of the things you two can do together. Who knows, you might want to travel."

"Traveling?" Jody shook her head. "I think we like staying home."

"But there might be a time, you two will want to get away from all of us," Angel smiled. She said she thought it might be a little crowded around here. People might start thinking they owned the old apartment complex.

"Is mom bothering you?" Jody wanted to know.

"Surprisingly, no." Angel shrugged. "I was certain she'd be here all the time. Just for a little bit on a Sunday afternoon, these days."

"She's been over a time or two, but really you'd think she lived in Kansas City or something. I don't see her often," Jody watched the sleeping infant nursing the bottle. 

"It must be Sal," Angel nodded. "I wonder what he told her?"

"She's not loud like she used to be. She seems calmer these days," Jody looked up at Angel and smiled.

"Really, I never knew my dad had that kind of effect on women." She hugged herself and laughed as if she liked this side of her father.


6 comments:

  1. A campus couple, I like that! I know exactly what Angel means. Jody and Aaron are so sweet together; they seem to have the kind of bond that everyone wants. I also enjoyed hearing Jody and Angel talk about their lovestruck parents. The part about Fan being less loud is funny. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. A campus couple. There's something about college relationship...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone deserves a quiet love
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for visiting.