Saturday, October 30, 2010

an awful sad thing to plan

"I think this was the fakest party ever." Heath didn't get it. Actually, he could hardly stand it. Everyone making over Kelsey and Jack as if they'd known them forever. It just seemed trite. He was doing little to help Nick clean up. Everyone left. And well, they'd sent Kelsey and Jack off as if they might be royality.

"You're just jealous." Nick glared at him.

"No. I'm not." He was hurt he'd think such. "I'm just saying this is all gonna backfire on them. Then what happens with the fallout comes?"

"God, you are jealous." Nick scowled. "You just can't stand to see Jack happy."

"What?" Heath winced. "He's not happy. I can see that. Its like he put a rope around his neck and decided to hang himself."

"What are you getting at?" Nick stuffed a new trash liner in the trash can. He had loads of trash bags to take to the curb.

'Its like she has him whipped now, or something. And Jack won't stay whipped long. He's-He's not a softie." Heath promised.

"I don't think either of them or endangering the other. I think they're happy." Nick was buying into it, evidently. "You, just ..just leave them alone. We've got worries of our own. You have a job to do."

"What are you talking about?" Heath slightly smirked. Why would Nick think he'd want to stir up any trouble. Jack and Kelsey were going to crash and burn. Heath was sure of it.

6 comments:

meg said...

One my favorites.. Oh, Heath. It made me smile.

ellie said...

Heath just makes me smile.

better days said...

me too.

ivy's closet said...

Yeah, I'm with Nick on this one.

lucy and sarah said...

Oh Heath!

simon and josh said...

I hope he's still not into something with Jack..after..all this time.