Sunday, August 1, 2010

on the outs

"I'm thinking the less you are around her, the better." Nick said to Rex. Of course, neither had heard a word from Kelsey.

"What am I suppose to do?" Rex looked as if he was going to be sick as if he were ready to runaway too. "Everything I do is wrong, I guess."

"She's not ready to have a baby." Nick knew this much.

"Well, who said I was?" Rex looked at him baffled. Nick just rolled his eyes. He had Young Adult reading programs to worry about, not the drama between Kelsey and Rex. "Look, I gave her a few hours like you said. I didn't want to call her while she was on the road, but she won't pick up, Nick. Maybe you should call."

Nick just sighed. He was glad Heath was off looking at a new classroom and talking to teachers where he got a teaching position. He was sure Heath wouldn't have been  happy to be around Kelsey's outburst. There was only so much they could do. He could see how everyone in the family hoped they worked it out, but it was highly unlikely at this point. He was sure Kelsey didn't even want to speak to him, either.  He would probably only get her voice to leave a message. Then his phone buzzed. Nick was hopingit was her. It was Kelsey's mother. She wondered if they'd heard from Kelsey.

6 comments:

ori said...

cool about Heath having a job. poor rex.

lucy and sarah said...

This must be so hard for him, right now.

Katie said...

Sounds like its very difficult for him.

holly O said...

I feel bad for Rex, a little, but he's just a little too late when it comes to Kelsey.

nick and heath said...

I'm starting to worry about her.

A Way To Describe Me With No Words.... said...

Nick is definetly right.