Monday, August 16, 2010

going their way

"You know this is like the last time we can do lunch together, for awhile." Heath reminded Nick once they were in the middle of eating burgers and home-fries.

"Damn, I was really wanting us to get to Denver before school started. You know, take the train." Nick smiled.

"I remembered." Heath grinned then, slapping the tickets down on the table.

Nick nodded, trying to keep a smile in.

"Are you sure we should do this?" Nick finally shrugged. "I just got off the phone with Ellie. She seems to think Kelsey has took off with someone she met on the internet."

"How middle school is that?" Heath gave him a dead stare.

"Come on." Nick winced.

"She's a liar." Heath told him. "I'm sorry. But she knows what she's doing. She's not that careless. She wants everyone to feel sorry for her. Please, please, tell me, you are going to stop worrying about her."

"I have to worry a little." Nick frowned.

"Come on, we are going to Denver. And we are going to love it." Heath didn't want to be the bad guy in this, but didn't they deserve a little happiness this summer?

10 comments:

Katie said...

Aw hes worried :(

lucy and sarah said...

That should be fun for Heath and Nick. Hope it'll work out.

ori said...

I hope they have a good trip.

molly said...

Sounds like an adventure.

meg said...

I hope Nick can have some fun with Heath.

natalie said...

Haha, "how middle school is that?" Too true. Everyone and their internet boyfriends :P They definitely do deserve happiness in their summer, though.

TUDSANI said...

good looking.
Cushion cut diamond

nick and heath said...

Thank you Tudsani for your comment.

Keith said...

I hope they have a great time in Denver.

cass and cady said...

I'm excited for them.