Thursday, March 18, 2010

modern love

I know when to go out
I know when to stay in
Get things done

I catch a paper boy
But things don't really change
I'm standing in the wind
But I never wave bye-bye

But I try, I try

There's no sign of life
It's just the power to charm
I'm lying in the rain
But I never wave bye-bye

But I try, I try

Never gonna fall for
Modern love - walks beside me
Modern love - walks on by
Modern love - gets me to the church on time
Church on time - terrifies me
Church on time - makes me party
Church on time - puts my trust in god and man
God and man - no confessions
God and man - no religion
God and man - don't believe in modern love

It's not really work
It's just the power to charm
I'm still standing in the wind
But I never wave bye bye

But I try, I try -david bowie

Of course, Nick wanted to wear a tux, but as luck would have it, two black suits would have to do.There was something proper about the occasion. Naturally, he knew Heath would have it, no other way. And when everyone arrived, it was just family.

Nick wanted his Mom and Dad there. And Heath had his parents there along with his sister and Kyle. Ellie came along with Olivia and Rav,i rounded out the gathering.

There was no time for personal vows. Actually. It was perhaps hurried. The woman pastor told them it was all right if they didn't want to have some long drawn out cermony. That made Nick feel better. Really, he wanted it official.

"Do you think it was wrong we didn't plan this out better?" Nick felt bad that maybe they weren't having a huge ceremony of some kind.

"It can't be wrong. I think its smart to save the money, instead." Naturally, they didn't really have that much to spend as it was. It wasn't like they belonged to some organization to give them tips on this sort of thing.

As it was Nick just kept smiling. It was a good day. Finally, it was getting to Heath too. This was an amazing day even if it were rather subdued in a small chapel. All the people were there that they wanted there, and of course, there was a little David Bowie music for everyone.

"Do you think it was important enough?" Nick found himself asking Ravi after the little cermony. Naturally, they ended up back at Heath's parents for cake and champagne.

"Of course, it was." Ravi patted him on the back. As it was, following the pastor's cue for the words was just a blur. He hated to admit it.

He stayed close to Heath, wondering if his nerves had got to him too. Funny, how he remembered the laughter in Heath's voice in the beginning and the seriousness of it as if he'd suddenly turned into a Thespian of some sort. It had only made Nick to laugh more, but he hadn't. This was serious. They were married now. And yet he felt a bit shakey. Perhaps it was all the excitement, or the thought had set in just how dear these vows really were to each other.

7 comments:

natalie said...

Oh wow, it all happened so fast! And now they're married! Woohooo :D

the oaks said...

certainly..giving a new meaning to the song!

Aury said...

wow, I can totally understand the whole shakiness thing. The realisation is probably just setting in. But I'm sure they will be fine.

meg said...

So sudden..but I like it.

Holly said...

aw, they are sweet.

cait said...

I do think its a cool song..too.

A Way To Describe Me With No Words.... said...

really good (: