Friday, February 19, 2010

touching base

"You actually need me for something," Olivia laughed when Nick told her about Heath and the teacher while on his cell between college classes.

"Well, you don't have to get that excited." Nick sighed asking about her Valentines day.

"I don't mind." She told she'd had a nice evening with Ellie and Lon along with Roger at  home. "I'll get Heath a package in the mail, right away."

"He just needs your picture, you know. That should cover it." Nick could only imagine what Olivia might decide to do.

"If I'm going to play this part, I have to do it right." She informed him.

"Oh, no you don't. Lets don't go overboard. You might freak him out." Nick's eyes lit. He was on campus as it was and he was dragging today. He kept thinking of Jack. Wondering how he really was with Heath. There were so many more questions he had, but he was afraid to ask. He heard Olivia laugh.

"That would be so funny." She sounded to be in a good mood.

"So how's Ravi?" Nick wanted to know.

"OK, I suppose."

"Is he seeing anyone?"

"If you mean, Liz."

"His ex's sister?" Nick squinted. That couldn't be possible. His friend Ravi was sweet and gentle. Liz was like a tigress waiting to pounce to be fed.

"I'm not sure what he's doing with her." Olivia sighed who wasn't to happy to have Liz living in the house with her and Roger and Ravi.

"Well, keep me posted," Nick said.

"You should call Ravi. He needs you, you know." Olivia told him.

"Me?" Nick laughed at that.

"He seems lonely." Olivia sighed.

"Well, I dunno what I could do for him." Nick couldn't imagine what Olivia had in mind.

"You should come and visit. Play video games with him, at least." Olivia suggest on the phone.

"I gotta see my folks first." Nick had been putting it off. Really, he needed to go home for a vist.

4 comments:

the oaks said...

Olivia's a good friend.

Paradoxical Enigma said...

Thanks! I haven't been able to update lately, since I've been accepted to boarding school. I can only update during the school holidays.

Argh. I think I'm way behind on your stories. o.O

Paradoxical Enigma said...

Nope, I haven't heard from him in a while. I suppose he's still in boot camp ...?

simon n josh said...

cool about Olivia.