Wednesday, February 17, 2010

melting ice

Anyone else would probably be making a major naughty cameo on Skype with their boyfriend, but not Nick. There were some serious issues to get to. And Heath didn't look all that suave and cool either, just in gray T and flannel pants.

"So how was your Valentines day?" Nick didn't know what else to say.

"I need a picture of Olivia. Can you get me one?" Heath said right away.

"What?" Nick looked serious as he saw more of the top of Heath's head than he wanted too.

"I kind of let it slip." He sighed.

"Let what slip?" Nick was concerned as he looked at a serious Heath who wouldn't smile.

"You're not smiling." Heath then grinned.

"What did you do?" Nick would not smile.

"I had to tell Maria there was someone, and Olivia was the only person I could think of." Heath just stared into the screen.

"OK." Nick sighed. "Just e-maiil her, she'd send you something. She might even have a picture of the two of you."

"More like the three of us." Heath recalled.

"She could crop me out." Nick shrugged. He saw Heath's sad look. "Look, I need to know something." Nick remembered what he wanted to know. "This Jack. Why didn't you tell me he'd, you know, Amber said he kicked your ass."

"She's exaggerating." Heath eyes widen as he looked at Nick, head on into the screen. "It wasn't, quite like that." He bit his upper lip.

"What was it then?" Nick wanted to know. Jack was obviously the past. Just what sort of past, was he?

"OK, he beat me up." Heath hugged himself. "But," he sighed. "Uh, well, he wasn't exactly my boyfriend."

"What?" Nick couldn't help but scowl.

"He was the first guy I ever kissed." Heath looked away from the camera then. "Granted, it wasn't the healthest situation in the world. Jack's never coming out of the closet. He thought he was hot stuff, or maybe it was everyone thought that, and he sort of had this double life."

"So nobody knows about you two, but me?" Nick winced.

"I guess." Heath shrugged.

"And you weren't going to tell me?" Nick was really hurt about this.

"I'm sorry. It was just in the spring, my last year there. And, and I knew I had to get out of there. I didn't like the sneaking around. I didn't like how he treated me to his friends." Heath looked as if this had to be the worst day possible.

"Look, I'm the one who's sorry. I shouldn't have-" Nick shook his head. He didn't want Heath to feel this way. "I love you, and I hate what you've been through."

"Well, I found you." Heath pressed his lips tight.

"Yeah, you did." Nick slightly smiled. "Did you get my package?" Nick wanted them to speak of happier things.

"Yeah," Heath smiled. He reached for his "Domo" doll that Nick had sent him. "He's so cute." Heath cooed, putting the simple stuffed brown little monster creature next to his face.

"And I love all the cds you burned for me." Nick beamed.

"Yeah, well, that's suppose to be Spoon's  all time best cd. It was on the top 100 indie cd list." Heath explained.

Nick knew they had to keep each other upbeat or they were never going to make it til spring. It was a long cold winter. Still.

2 comments:

natalie said...

Awww, the Domo doll is so cute :) How sweet of him! I'm glad that they got to have this talk.

Holly said...

Sweet doll..I love the doll. & well, very interesting way to meet & have discussions.