Sunday, February 14, 2010

lonely hearts

"Of course, I wish I was with Heath, right now." Nick told Kyle who was taking Amber to her Valentines day dance. As it was, Heath had sent Nick a package. A box of Heath bars and he'd burned him a CD mix of all their favorite songs. Heath promised him they'd do something in March during spring break.

Amber looked stunningly older tonight. All dressed up.

"I feel like I'm a middle schooler." Kyle kept his hands in his pockets.  Nick just laughed at him, thinking it was great that he was going to take Amber to the dance. He wished he could be at the dance with Heath. He then wondered if he'd really messed up things for Kelsey in the long run.

"I know you don't talk to her, anymore, but have you seen Kelsey, lately." Nick then changed the subject.

"Why?" Kyle winced as if he didn't want to talk about her.

"I'm not sure what the deal is, but uh, Rex mentioned her." Nick was concerned. He wanted to get to the bottom of this, but then, he didn't want to have to be the one to do it. He just couldn't make himself call her.

"Really?" Kyle grimaced slightly as if he knew how Rex was.

"I dunno what's going on." Nick shook his head.

"Who knows. She's kind of being mysterious. I guess. I don't know. I just don't talk to her." Kyle nodded as if it had to be that way. "I don't think she ever liked Rosie."

"Oh, come on, who wouldn't like your little girl?" Nick smiled, thinking his little daughter was adorable. She liked everyone.

"Kelsey, I guess." Kyle remained even lipped. "She'll probably find some college dude to hook up with, you know."

Nick tried to smile. Maybe Kelsey already had. With his brother.

4 comments:

Holly said...

too bad they aren't together.

the oaks said...

Nick has a lot on his mind.

Cait said...

Hopefully, Kelsey will grow up and not be that hung up on Rex.

natalie said...

The package to Nick sounds sweeet! That is too bad they can't be together on V-day :/ Let's hope Kelsey behaves herself D: