Monday, January 18, 2010

just a moment or two

Heath was thrilled he had a three day weekend. It wasn't that he was expecting it, but it was there and it just made him smile more as he took off soon as school was out to drive home. As it was, they were practically ready to have a celebration when he got there. His mom had made all his favorites. Pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravey and brussel sprouts.

"Brussel sprouts?" Nick made a face. Heath just laughed. They ate even if it was after nine at night. It was great to be home. Listening to Amber talk about Kyle. Having his Dad question him about his car and of course having his Mom and Nick there to listen to all his complaints about teaching.

Finally, they turned in, and it was weird being in his room at home with Nick.

They stared at each other for a moment and finally a slight laugh came as they sat down on the regular sized bed. There was an uncomfortableness about this. Not so much being with Nick, but the idea of sleeping together at his parents' house.

"This is just weird." Nick shook his head.

"Yeah, I know." Heath looked at him out of the corner of his eye.

"What I wouldn't give if we were back in the basement at Roger's." Nick smiled.

"Tell me about it, those were good times." Heath sighed.

Nick leaned in and Heath kissed him as quietly as he could. He didn't ask why Heath had come all this way. After all, they had to have a moment to enjoy each other's company.

7 comments:

ivy's closet said...

that would be so hard.

Benazir, 16 said...

Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I've been reading though... good story so far :)
I wish you'd write more in one post though! haha Always left hanging :)

Tara Dyanne said...

Funny you say that, I was writing that story to sort of be like hers. I read all of hers and loved them and decided to try to do something along those lines. Cool that you've noticed.

Looks like I have a lot to read for this. But I'm excited :) but i liked this post. I feel like they're in the room with me.

ellie said...

Sorry, B..I guess I like for you to come back for more.

Holly said...

aw, yeah, I don't think I could actually feel comfortable if I were there with the person I'd rather be somewhere else with.

past the point said...

Definitely, a not so easy situation at the parents.

natalie said...

Brussel sprouts are Heath's favorite? I agree with Nick haha, gross! :P And yeah, that must be pretty odd being there together there!