Sunday, December 20, 2009

e-mail

It was after midnight when Nick got home. How long did Ravi want to hang out with him? He'd already found Heath's sister to talk to, who told him not to give up on Heath, but when he got back there was Ravi wanting to cheer him up.

They played games, ate pizza. Bridget came. Nick felt like a restless third wheel. They watched Its a wonderful life. Nick thought he might lose it before it was over, but he'd made it home and now he was in his room, and he finally turned on his computer. Just to take a look at his e-mail. Probably something from his Mom to tell him what Rex wanted for Christmas. Naturally, he'd waited til the last minute to buy him anything.

But there was Heath's letter. He couldn't wait to open it. He smiled instantly. It gave him hope, but it made him sad just the same. What did that mean? Letting him go. He didn't want to let go of anything. He'd leave right now if he could. He didn't care if a snow storm was coming he wanted to be with Heath.

Do you know how great it is to get this?

Well, I'd love to hear your voice more, but I know you want to wait. Please, tell me you'll call me before New Year's eve. Please.

I wish you'd let me be there with you. Just think how it could be. Us. Alone. There. Nobody who knows us. It would be amazing. I know it would.

I just don't see how I can get through Christmas without you.

I love you so much.

Always,

Nick

1 comment:

natalie said...

I hate the feeling of being a third wheel. It sucks, doesn't it? :P I hope that Nick and Heath get to be together for Christmas though! It would be so depressing not to be with the ones you love for the holidays!